Healthy Legacy began as a joint project of the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy and the Clean Water Action of Minnesota in the summer of 2006. With the addition of six steering committee organizations, the program has developed to represent a broad spectrum of interests including healthcare, citizens with disabilities, environmental justice, and environmental health. We look forward to expanding the coalition and continuing our work to leave a legacy for our children that leaves them safe, healthy and with prospects for reaching their full potential.
Vision and mission
Vision: We envision healthy people, safe communities, a clean environment and a thriving economy.
Mission: Healthy Legacy promotes healthy lives by supporting the production and use of everyday products without toxic chemicals. We advocate for consumer education, business leadership, and protective policies to advance safe alternatives in Minnesota.
Healthy Legacy promotes:
Healthy Legacy will educate and empower people to protect themselves and their children by encouraging them to support healthy businesses and practices.
Healthy Legacy will encourage businesses to protect our health and environment from toxic chemicals through the development and use of safe substitutes. Investing in clean technologies creates new jobs, profitable new markets for farmers and industry, and increases worker safety.
Healthy Legacy promotes phasing out the most toxic chemicals and those that persist and build up in our bodies and the environment. We support safe substitutes and solutions.
For common questions and answers about the coalition and our work view the Healthy Legacy FAQs.
- Arc Greater Twin Cities
- The Autism Society of Minnesota
- A Chance to Grow
- Citizens for Corporate Redesign
- Conservation Minnesota
- Creative Health Connections
- Earthology Institute
- Eureka Recycling
- Latina/o Environmental Health Begins at Home
- Environmental Justice Advocates of Minnesota
- Global Action
- Healthy Child Healthy World
- Heartland Community Action
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Kids for Saving Earth
- Minnesota Association for Children's Mental Health
- Minnesota Black Nurses Association
- Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy
- Minnesota Council of Churches
- Minnesota Natural Health Legal Reform Project
- Minnesota Parent Teacher Association
- Minnesota Public Health Association
- Minnesota Public Interest Research Group
- Minnesota Technical Assistance Program
- Minnesota Nurses Association
- Minnesota Pesticide Awareness
- Pesticide Action Network of North America
- Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 26
- Sierra Club North Star Chapter
- Sustainable Resources Center
- Take Back the Air
Join Us! (PDF)
- Carol Greenwood
- Christina Kilby
- Doris McClellan
- Mara Natrakul
- Barbara Sullivan
Join us! (PDF)
Being a member of Healthy Legacy does not imply that member organizations endorse current policy initiatives.